penelope and bumblebee

Good grammar costs nothing.

Friday, December 15, 2006

enter the grinch

Oh, week - how shit you've been.

Great way to start a post, innit? But true. So I haven't been around much; I've lurked a bit, commented less - especially with blogger beta sucking almost as much as my week; I'm not used to weeks like this and I'm exhausted by it.

No less than 3 ugly, face-to-face conflicts have arisen this week, and they have sucked the energy out of me. Which meant that I had little left to put into all of the things that needed desperately to get done, and all the things that I said I would do. To the many people that I have let down this week, I am truly sorry. I meant to do it; I meant to write that piece; to proof that letter; to bake those cookies; to go to that fundraiser; to spend an evening just the two of us.

I had a reprieve on Tuesday night - gold tickets to the Leafs game, which I hadn't been to in over a year, which was so awesome, which we won. Thank you my very best friend, for that.

But Wednesday morning my hockey high was completely destroyed by something that I cannot talk about, lest I be dooced.

I'm not sure what's going on. I feel like much of this conflict was not brought on by me, and may just be an issue of really bad timing, but still... I am the common denominator.

So I'm just going to let the dust settle a little bit longer, and hopefully the weekend will refresh my spirit and rejuvenate my soul.


***

It's not all bad news. There are lovely, wonderful things afoot. Please go see.

Her Bad Auction

oh, and ahem, a more positive, happy me can also be found at MommyBlogs Toronto. But I can't get the link to work. see sidebar until I smarten up.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm so sorry about all the conflict. I'm practically allergic to conflict! I hope things settle down soon.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger metro mama said…

    Care to come over for coffee and cookies to vent? You're exempt from the 3-cookie rule you know.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger moplans said…

    hey I tried to comment earlier
    sorry you are having such a sucky week
    work stress really gets to me

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Run ANC said…

    Sorry you had a bad week. And this commenting thing really sucks, huh?

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger crazymumma said…

    Oh no! I do not know what is going on but I think that there is a nation wide malaise going on. I really hope it gets better. We must drink copius amounts of wine after the holidays! I am heading ove to MBT....
    Oh, and Blogger sucks monkey balls..

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's hoping next week is ten times better. :)

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Sorry to hear about your crappy week. No fun. Here's hoping for a better next week ... or else lots of booze and chocolate :)

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger ewe are here said…

    Some weeks just suck, no?

    Hope your weekend is going well.
    Have some chocolate.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said…

    ah...sister. hang in there. i'd bring you some deep red wine, if only i could.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger cinnamon gurl said…

    Oh hon, so sorry to hear your week was as bad as mine! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape